Big Data / Hadoop
Big Data is data whose scale, diversity, and complexity require new architecture, techniques, algorithms, and analytics to manage it and extract value and hidden knowledge from it.
- Large in quantity
- Captured at rapid rate
- Structure and unstructured
- Whose Scale , Diversity and complexity require new architecture, techniques and algorithms
Apaches Hadoop - The Apache Hadoop project develops open-source software for reliable, scalable, distributed computing. The Apache Hadoop software library is a framework that allows for the distributed processing of large data sets across clusters of computers using simple programming models.
The project includes these modules:
- Hadoop Common: The common utilities that support the other Hadoop modules.
- Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS™): A distributed file system that provides high-throughput access to application data.
- Hadoop YARN: A framework for job scheduling and cluster resource management.
- Hadoop MapReduce: A YARN-based system for parallel processing of large data sets.
- Cassandra™: A scalable multi-master database with no single points of failure.
- Chukwa™: A data collection system for managing large distributed systems.
- HBase™: A scalable, distributed database that supports structured data storage for large tables.
- Hive: A data warehouse infrastructure that provides data summarization and ad hoc querying.